The Mitzvah Technique is learned through individual sessions, workshops, classes, presentations and Qualified Teacher Training.
Developed by the founder M. Cohen – Nehemia, the Mitzvah Technique is a gentle, dynamic, hands-on method designed to teach participants how to improve their posture and body usage. The Mitzvah Technique teaches people how to independently maintain healthy postural habits which helps to correct the source of aches and pains.
The Mitzvah Technique uniquely taps into our innate ability to spring upward to reinforce our body’s balance with gravity. The Mitzvah Technique realigns and rebalances the body through an upward rippling wave like flowing motion that extends from the base of the feet, through the top of the head. This upward rippling wave like motion spawns postural alignment improvements, tension/stress release and a deeper breathing. Our dormant inherent Mitzvah Mechanism is revealed allowing us to achieve relaxed upright postural alignment.
The hands on table work, exercises and application to daily activities are interconnected. They are all designed to work through movement blocks and tension build ups to support the activation of the Mitzvah Mechanism.
The Mitzvah Technique helps correct postural patterns of body misuse including: slouching, upper back rounding (hunching), neck poking and pelvis tucking. During individual sessions, Susan gently practices a high standard of hands on Mitzvah Technique table work that is designed to work through patterns of tension build ups. People learn to develop healthy body mechanics including use of the underused hip joints and symmetrical body usage during sitting, standing and walking. Tools are learned to help correct patterns of body misuse to prevent further problems.
• A complete package of interrelated hands on table work, practical exercises and discipline.
• A gentle discipline, learned through exercises involving sitting, standing & walking
• Pared down to the essentials, practical exercises.
• Gently powerful therapeutic tablework that make the exercises easier to practice.
• Uniquely taps into our body’s inherent upward rippling wave like motion through its total body actions
• Reconnects to your body’s instinctive need for movement
• Physically releases tension and stress
• Helps multiple problems, aches and pains
• Encourages freedom of movement
• Preventative and remedial care
• Holistic approach to posture through physically using the body as a complete unit.
The Mitzvah Technique changes postural body usage during daily activities to correct postural patterns of body misuse. You improve how you sit down in a chair and how you use your body while you are seated in the chair. We fine-tune the way you use your body as you stand up and walk to maximize your body’s ability to spring upwards using gravity. The Mitzvah Technique teaches practical applications for daily routines and self care including healthy posture while working at the computer and application to a variety of artistic, fitness, physical, work, daily activities and specific areas of interest.
All ages and fitness levels benefit